Ronny A. Nilsen
- University of Oslo, Candidata Magisterii at the Department
- University of Oslo, Candidata Scientiarum at the Department
- Development section at the Universities IT-services
department (USIT): Multimedia development over IP and
participant in the
ESPRIT MICE project and the Uninett MUNIN
project - A System for Distance Education and Remote
Collaboration based on Real Time Multimedia Communication over
IP Networks. Involved with IETF to standardize multicasting protocols
and other multimedia protocols.
- Senior engineer at the Department of Informatics at the University of Oslo. UNIX
and system programming.
- Head of systems group (13 employees) and chief engineer at the Department of
Informatics at the University of Oslo. Responsible for
operations of the departments network, computers, users and
software development. Also board member at the (same)
Department of Informatics.
- Telenor Nextel: Project leader and programmer for Ipv6
project to make the first commercial IPv6 network in Norway (project was later
stopped). Also made a configuration system for automatic remote
configuration of all Cisco routers used by Telenor Nextel.
- Infostream/Manamind: Senior system architect and project
leader. Mostly web-based and Java projects. Was also involved in the
development of Infostream Publish, a web publishing system used
today by Oberon (a spin off of Manamind). Some of my work during this
period is listed below:
- Head of development group in Infostream ASP (6 employees), and
leader of site building group (web solutions) in Infostream ASA (5 employees).
- Product manager Manamind Collect, with development team in
Oslo and Stockholm.
- Consultant at Ahold/ICA, programmer and chief architect
for the Merchandising suite (Java, J2EE, Websphere and
XML). Main objective was to create and maintain a
common architecture and methodology in the Merchandising
suite of projects. The projects was developed in
combination in Oslo (Store, Price and Merchandising
projects) and Stockholm (Promotion project). This was
a large project as each sub-project had 5-8 programmers
in addition to a central architect team of 4 working with me
directly to create cross project solutions.
Fluent in English, both oral and written.